I know what you’re thinking, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is – well not this time love, trust Lotty to sort you out with a cheeky trick or two! You can legitimately get a NUS student discount card for about £30 if you’re not a student. And trust me, you’ll get that money back in no time.
Without a doubt, students get the best discounts. All they have to do is flash their student cards and they get cheap drinks, dinner, entertainment and can always find a discount on their favourite brands.
What NUS card discounts can you get?
Seriously, most places do a student discount, and even if they don’t advertise it – it’s worth flashing it anyway. My favourite discounts include:
Apple discount – because no-one else can get it!
10% off ASOS
25% off ODEON
10% of Co-op (including booze!)
5% off Amazon
Here’s a full list of discounts you can get if you have an NUS card. If you can think of it, you can probably get some cash off.
How do you get it?
To legitimately get it, you have to become a legitimate student. Now hear me out! It doesn’t mean drinking Jagerbombs, and failing to get out of bed before 3pm – all that means, is you will sign up to an Ofcourse or Ecareers course. These are officially around £200 BUT you can always get them on Groupon and Wowcher and other daily deals sites for about £20.
Right now, you can sign up for a 30 day Yoga challenge for £10 until the 30th July. Once you’ve bought it, you’re officially a student so can get an NUS card!
I’m now an *ahem* “student” – what now?
- Go to the NUS website, and at the very top right of the page click ‘Buy your NUS extra card now’.
- Enter your email address. Any old one will do.
- You’re now going to be asked your place of study. Enter the word ‘ECareers’ and press ‘continue’.
- Now you’re going to be asked your educational details. It really doesn’t matter what you put in here, it will be ignored. So just enter what you like and press ‘continue’.
- You now have to put a picture in (I just uploaded my profile pic from Facebook).
- When you fill in your details, leave the academic email and your student password bit blank and fill in the rest.
- The card itself is only £12, but make sure you pick the option to get it delivered to your home, rather than you pick up at uni – because turning up at ECareers HQ is going to be awkward as hell.
- Voilà! You’re shiny brand new student card will be with you in a couple of days. Get ready for all the discounts!
But I’m old!
Don’t be worried about not looking 18, it really doesn’t matter. I flash mine all the time without looking like a teenager, because frankly, students come in all ages. It’s not a problem.
Let me know how it goes – here’s to saving some serious cash!
Liked this? Course you did! What about these?
- Get a FREE £20 voucher from Amazon
- FREE B&Q unsold stock
- The internet’s best mobile phone tool – TRUST!